Dragonfly and Japanese Beetle (x3 shots)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got around to shooting yesterday, for the first time in a while. I've been on a bit of photographic drain lately.

Dragonfly:
_DSC2818-Edit.jpg

Beetle 1:
_DSC2843-Edit.jpg

Beetle 2:
_DSC2859-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments, critiques, and jokes are welcome and appreciated.

Peace. :gun:

1. I really like but it's too dark for my tastes.

2. I don't really care for that much. I'm not a fan of the perspective and it looks like he's just floating and not actually attached to the flower....that makes it look off to me.

3. I like this one. My personal preference on this one would be a portrait crop with the bug in the top right of the frame. Again not crazy about the darkness of the photo, but I can feel the mood of 1 and 3 that you were probably going for.

Again....just my opinions.

I love that picture of the dragonfly. :D I've developed a huge facination in them. :)

The ones of the beetle are wonderful as well, great color and lighting.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you for the comments.

I didn't really notice how dark they were until now, especially the first one, so thanks for pointing that out, I'm gonna go in for some more post work on these tonight. Much appreciated comments, both of you.

Thanks again.

So I am not mistaken? The first is dark, indeed?
This other screen I am using now (I'm at DH's place - he does not live at our home during the week for work reasons) is a lot darker than the one I use at home, although it is the very same make, so at first I thought I'd have to blame the screen for offering me such a dark picture.

Well, so I assume it really is way dark, which would make it too dark for my liking ("Cheerful Corinna Troll" who I am, I prefer the light :D), more so since good recognition of detail is the primary goal of macro photography, I should think.

My favourite is the last one, too, although DOF is really (!) shallow and most parts are blurred ... which would speak in favour of the crop NateS is suggesting.

Well done.. I quite like the first one.. It looks kind of surreal and has a fantasy feeling, nice one..

Guess I'm alone, but I really like the second photo (Beetle 1). Theres something about it that I just like.

Most reactions

Back