DragonFly in Flight

PushingTin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christwine.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought little birds in flight were quick.... catching a dragonfly in flight was quite a challenge.

Let me know what you think - thanks :)

dflyinflight.jpg

focus is spot on!! I know how difficult those critters can be to get locked in on

I actually cursed upon seeing your amazing capture! Awesome. Did not expect the 300mm, but that explains the beautiful diffusion. Autofocus?

-Shea

Beauty of a flying shot - and very impressive that you managed to get the focus all the way from the back to the front of a very long bug!

Ls3D its surprising but many flying insect shots are not taken with macro lenses - instead many people use longer focal length lenses for their improved auto focus speed and longer ranges (since insects can get away from you quick). Also extension tubes are often used to reduce the minimum focusing distances of the longer lenses so one can get closer and get a bigger bug in the shot - though you do lose your ability to focus on further off targets.

excellent capture !! The light is really nice and a beautifull bokeh as well, very sharp and nice detail, catching a dragon in flight certainly IS a challenge , Ive been photographing them for years and dont have one as good as this one in flight, well done indeed !!

Most reactions

Back