Dragonfly macro shots

Killx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took a few macros the other day after stalking this guy for around half an hour. James 1 dragonfly 0 - got a couple of in flight shots but all were slightly out of focus, think I will have to wait for my 150mm to arrive for that little extra working distance and open up the dof slightly(Wish it would hurry up through the mail)

Anyways enough of my mumblings, as always comments and crit. greatly appreciated.

1#

drfly1rc7.jpg

2#

drfly2gb1.jpg

3#

drfly3kl5.jpg

4#

drfly4dl0.jpg

5#

drfly6js6.jpg

The eyes in #3 are amazing. Just wish the bottom two wings were a little more in forcus, but still a cool shot / perpesctive. How close where you to the actual dragonfly?

3 is incredible...the rest are pretty good, but 3 is definately the class of the bunch for me

that is some real nice macro work, i have never seen dragonflys in that detail befor

Cheers for the comments everyone - I will have to remember to stop it down a bit next time to open up the dof. Shooting these with my 18-55 just makes me want my 150 that much more.

#1 would be my favourite.. I think though if the head was in focus more than the abdomen, it would be absolutley fantastic.

Most reactions

Back