TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1868970507-5.jpg

p1719149276-5.jpg

p1805817731-5.jpg

Beautiful photography and clicks.

Beautiful dragonfly! Nicely shot ( you nailed your focal point)... although I do wish there was a bit more DOF. You shot at F7.1, ISO800, and 1/1000. Is there a reason you didn't stop down a couple of stops? (I see you shot in AP mode..)

This may inspire me to get out and shoot some Dragonflies...

Beautiful dragonfly! Nicely shot ( you nailed your focal point)... although I do wish there was a bit more DOF. You shot at F7.1, ISO800, and 1/1000. Is there a reason you didn't stop down a couple of stops? (I see you shot in AP mode..)

This may inspire me to get out and shoot some Dragonflies...

Yeah, that's not my usual settings. I usually shoot at around f/11 to f/13, ISO 100, 1/250th, and manual flash for main light. I also shoot with a 180mm macro and these weren't at 1:1 so my flash was having a hard time covering the distances with the diffuser. I opted to ditch the flash on these shots and bump the iso a bit instead to get a good shutter speed. I stayed around the f/8 mark because that kept me from going to high on the ISO. I sacrificed a bit of DOF to prevent too much grain and preserve as much clarity as possible.

In short....it was me trying to balance decent DOF with minimal grain and a fast shutter speed (since it was natural light and I was handholding a 180mm macro).

Thanks for the comments.

I absolutely love these, specially #1 where we see the body through the wing... you shot this hand held! that is pretty good!

Awesome shots! :)

Beautiful photography and clicks.

#2 is hot.

Thanks guys.

I absolutely love these, specially #1 where we see the body through the wing... you shot this hand held! that is pretty good!

Thank you. I shoot all my macros handheld. I just never could get comfortable with the limitations of a tripod so I just learned to do it all handheld.

I shoot 99% handheld macro also.. even some focus stacking. I just prefer it, as bugs move too fast!

Thanks guys and thanks for the nomination!!

Most reactions

Back