Dragonfly

Alex06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These little guys were quite active today!

webdragon.jpg

Looks like a damselfly to me. IIRC, damsels fold their wings back, while the wings of dragons remain out to their sides like an airplaine.

Our damsels around here aren't quite that grey...mostly the bright blue ones, with the occasional olive.

Nice capture of a normally nervous subject.

I am guessing all these wildlife photos require a camera with a fast shutter rate.

Does the 350D have a really fast shutter speed?

I heard the Pro815 had a slow one.

wow great shot! Also really like the colors in this

NICE SHOT!

I agree with PetersCreek. it is a damselfly. it is however, one i have never seen before.

can i ask where the pic was made? thanks!

Thanks for the comments guys. I learned something new today! Squacks the pic was taken in San Diego, CA

Damselflies are wonderful insects...they are voracious mosquito eaters just like their big buddies the dragonflies. Unlike many insects and bugs most people hate crawling or touching them, we don't have any problem handling either these sleek fliers or their friends the pretty butterflies.
...David

Now I find Dragon/Damselflies amazing, I had some visit the garden last year...so I bought a pond but haven't fit/installed it yet. Hope to get it sorted soon as I'd love to get shots like this.
Great stuff!
Ken.

Most reactions

Back