Drama or garbage?

skyonfire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok.. Quite a few ppl have seen this image and the opinions are split 50-50. Some people think the shadows create a sense of drama.. Other people think the shadows ruin the photo. I agree with the people who think it's garbage.. but I thought I'd post it here and see what people thought. Thanks in advance for your input!

023_23bw.jpg

You mean the sharp shadow across the chins? Hmmm, IMO it's not okay. The whole pictures looks like it's all about softness and curves (the bodies, the shadows) and then there's one line...

But I love the emotion you've captured.

pascal

Yes the shadow across the chins.. And I have to agree with you.. I just wanted to see what the "pros" thought

The shadow kills it. If you had the same light as crossing the face above, you might have something going for you. That shadow line effectively decapitates...

rusty

I personally don't like the shadows either. It keeps my eyes looking at the shadow instead of the whole pic. Sorry.

I'm not Mr. Feelgood who hands out a lot of unwarranted self esteem, but I don't think the image is "garbage." However, I also think the shadow is a distraction.

I love the theater of this shot. The warm embrace seems like something out of "West Side Story" or any classic love story. Certainly the shadow is distracting, but I think that it takes a back seat to the merits of the photo. Also consider what you are trying to say. If you are going for a tender moment then the shot works well. If you are going for a slick glamour shot then it may fall short.

What distracts me more than the shadow is the fact that here "bosom" is ... well, look ... ! :shock: And only that tiny part ... THAT bothers me most about the photo.

Pose: OK. Cropping: questionable. Lighting: Some of the modelling is good -- the gentleman's arm, eg. The sharp shadow, however, looks like the picture was accidentally taken before all of the lighting had been checked and adjusted.

Sorry about not replying sooner. The servers for my broadband connection are being moved. So I had no connection. They have set my up with a dial up account until the problem is fixed. I will post the orginal (if it doesn't take forever to upload) And who ever would like to have a go at editing it is more than welcome.

The light itself should have been moved slightly so that it would not have left such a sharp shadow on their face and if the light being moved is not an option maybe she could have turned around (to effect the way the shadow is) and it would have taken the attention off her ......(you know) his left hand probly should have been on her hand or on his leg because it makes my eyes flow to the bottom of the photo

This is a self-portrait then?
Is it you in the picture, holding the remote???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back