dream glider

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Just took this a bit ago. I used a t-mount to put my 500mm mirror lens on the istD to play around with. The seagulls were circling around the 'hood so I figured I'd try and nab one.

This is an f/8 exposure @ 1/500 sec @ 750mm equiv focal length, cropped to about half the frame. Oh, and it's hand-held. Which is partly why it's so damn blurry! :lol

I kinda liked the dreamy quality of it, even though technically it's a goobered shot. ;)

dream_glide.jpg

wow, that does have a very "deamy" feel to it. i'm diggin' it! Of course it would have been nice to get it in focus, but i think here the out of focus-ness (if that's a word, haha) gives it a very cool feel.

-Dan

hows the istd treating ya? have you used the flash with it at all? (you said you have the af30gz60 (or something like that) didnt you)

Dan, in focus & no camera shake mighta been nice, yeah. :)

trog- workin' fine, no problems with either flash.

I like it. It does have a dream-like look. Nice shot. Sometimes those 'bloopers' turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

I have a lsd, oops, thats a lcd monitor here that makes shows some trippy 'banding' around the bird where the tones change from light to dark.

does anyone else see this? that couple with the blurry bird give it even more of dreamy feel.

cool work photobug!

Well, I'm postulating (my big word of the day) that the bands are a result of shooting the mirror against a solid color background. Normally you get those truly ugly little donuts on highlights in the background with a mirror lens (can you say worst bokeh in the world?).

Kinda weird, but it sorta adds to the mystery of the shot. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol

Ok, I'm bored and playing in PS. Here's a different treatment of this, trying to make something useful out of it.

This'll probably end up as a greeting card for somebody...

soar2a.jpg

you're just a creative soul aren't you photobug?

btw - I like the way you sign your phographs - i know that some folks here might be against writing on them - but i think they way you do this quite creative. Do have some sort of digital writing pad you use to do this?

Thanks Mark.

While I do have a tablet, I have yet to figure out how to use it. I can't seem to get past wanting to look at the tablet instead of the screen when I use it. Just second nature I guess.

And this text is actually a font called "dearJoe" that I got from one of the font sites (don't remember which one). You wouldn't be able to read my writing onscreen, as I write very small and tend to run my letters together. :wink:

you need some pink floyd lyrics attached to that black picture....

md

Photobug, I really like the 2nd version. That's very cool! And i'm into making cards....that would be cool as a card.

You're word of the day has me thinking, we need a thread in the GD area about words. Hmmmmm....

It may be goobered - but I like it. Has a sense of serenity to it.

Goobered serenity huh?
Could be the story of my life.
Really like that card Jim, very well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back