Dream Interpretation

anicole said:
didja sing to yourself as you were getting a jolt?!?!

btw ... ... all of us here at Anicole Central thank you, too!

But, of course... it's just not the same without my theme song!

Calliope said:
no, thank you!

no no... thank YOU.... no no.. after you..

thank you... really thank you.... no no.. thank you... thank you...

OOPS...too many personalities are scrambling to get out...gotta run..

thanks doc for the pills!! coming by for jolt myself.. see you soon..!!
(i booked 6.00 pm...for me...and 6.30 for the others....)!! :lol:

aprilraven said:
no no... thank YOU.... no no.. after you..

thank you... really thank you.... no no.. thank you... thank you...

OOPS...too many personalities are scrambling to get out...gotta run..

thanks doc for the pills!! coming by for jolt myself.. see you soon..!!
(i booked 6.00 pm...for me...and 6.30 for the others....)!! :lol:

haha - I'm waiting!

Daniel said:
My brain may be active at night but it isn't a dream if you don't remember it afterwards. If you really get down to it if somethnig that happened in your mind only and you don't rmeember after or even rmember experiencing it did it really happen? My answer for that would be no, ergo I don't dream.

I also never have vivid dreams, like all you people with people speaking to you and such. I remember a few dreams. One I had when I was younger was I used to be on the londonunderground and couldn't get off with my family and was stuck on there. Similar isolation from family and feeling in danger dreams occured when I was younger too.

Now If I ever dream it tells the future distinctly but never anythnig good like I could save someones life with. And I only rmeember it when the thing happens.
Everyone dreams, it's natural and spontaneous. It's like what Alexandra was saying, about 85% of dreams occur in REM sleep, aka paradoxical sleep. Most dreams that people actually remember are ones that occur right before waking up. Because paradoxical sleep is characterized by Rapid Eye Movement it is easy to tell when someone is in REM sleep. In sleep labs run by scientists, people are awoken during a REM sleep period and will remember these dreams. However, if these people are left to sleep all night they fail to remember what happened in their dreams during the middle of the night.

Also, those dream interpretation books are totally useless; they are a product of pop psychology. No accredited psychologist endorses them. The only person who can accurately interpret your dreams is yourself because oftentimes dreams occur as a result of things that happen in your life. Also, they are highly symbolic. For instance, (I got this from my text book) if you are in a friendship that you would like to terminate, you may dream about the person being at a train terminal. Even something as unnoticeable as a sentence that someone says to you may be placed into a dream. Very few psychologists if any believe that dreams predict the future, and according to Freud they are ALL based on previous experiences.

andreag5 said:
Very few psychologists if any believe that dreams predict the future, and according to Freud they are ALL based on previous experiences.

According to Freud, everything is based on SEX. The man abstained from having sex with his wife because he was afraid it would use up his brain! The man may have come up with some good theories but he was as demented as his patients. :biglaugh: :crazy: (oops... did I say that? Freudian slip.)

i dreamt i was sitting in my morning meeting and we were having a break and i was telling my co-workers i had a dream where i was sitting in the a meeting and telling them i had a dream where i was sitting in the meeting telling them i had a dream where i was sitting in the meeting telling them i had a dream ... you get the jest.

kinda like when you connect a camera to a tv and the film the tv. you get an endless loop.

what say you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back