Dredging the river at night

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The crane fills the barge, the tug takes it to sea. The crane fills the barge again. It was like watching a giant mechanical hourglass with a six hour cycle.

Dredging-1.jpg

This reminds me of a suction dredger our club photographed while it was doing night work.
Your background & most of the vessels are nice & sharp & the moving portions giving an interesting blur. Great result :)

Somewhat less of a background for mine (it was on the coast with the open sea behind it)

Last edited:
Very interesting, well done.

This reminds me of a suction dredger our club photographed while it was doing night work. Background & most of the vessels nice & sharp & the moving portions giving an interesting blur. Great result :)
thanks petro - I wouldn't mind seeing that if you still have an image.
Very interesting, well done.
Thanks smoke! much appreciated.

thanks petro - I wouldn't mind seeing that if you still have an image.
I've not seen the folder for a long time, but I should still have it somewhere. At least I know the date it was shot (30th March 2015) and which camera was used as this long exposure of workgroup members in action is from the same night and is readily to hand.

A handful of small images attached :)

Attachments

• P1080591.JPG
    P1080591.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 20
  • P1080616.JPG
    P1080616.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P1080620.JPG
    P1080620.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder why they didn't use a suction dredge. It seem faster

I like any type of history and this reminds me of an old fellow that used to dredge the river here for coal that would fall off the river boats that hauled the local mine’s coal to the larger cities and towns down river.

Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back