Dressage horse

LRLala

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this many years ago, but it's still one of my favorites.
Schmelze 19 straightened enh.jpg

Unfortunately it feels a little soft here. It's a film photo that was scanned on cheap equipment quite some time after being taken - a lot of the sharpness was lost.

Still an interesting image. Have your tried a little work in the pixel room to maybe tame the highlights a little and lift the shadows?

Thanks for your suggestion, tirediron. Is this what you meant? I like this version better BUT now I can see diagonal lines in all the dark places that must be from scanning the photo long ago. I've only recently started using LR again. I have a lot to learn!

i see what you mean about those pesky lines... Most likely from the scanner. i'm thinking you boosted the shadows a bit much. i too would dial back the the highlights some more and then look at the amounts of white and black in the photo. I'd even hit the contrast just a wee bit and then reduce some noise before a lil unsharp filter action. And definitely would erase out the spots from the dirt on the scanner glass...

I'd like to hit a few events with horses this year to photograph the sport of Barrel Racing...

Thank you for your input, mnmcote!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back