Driftwood at Clam Beach

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a wicked thing with wood grain lately. Took these a couple days ago at the mouth of Mad River...what do you guys think?

Attachments

• $wood 27 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 27 at clam beach.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 117
  • $wood 28 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 28 at clam beach.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 145
  • $wood at clam beach.jpg
    $wood at clam beach.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 117
  • $wood 25 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 25 at clam beach.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 125
  • $wood 20 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 20 at clam beach.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 127
  • $wood 19 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 19 at clam beach.jpg
    771.2 KB · Views: 153
  • $wood 11 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 11 at clam beach.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 116
  • $wood 18 at clam beach.jpg
    $wood 18 at clam beach.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Cool shots. The presentation could use some work. I'd like to see just one or two of your favorites with some space in between them. Space is critical to allow an image to breathe on its own.

I like #2 a lot. Your shots will look really nice here if you use flickR to host.

Regards.

wow! great shots! to me, they look a but like ariel shots from really high up, somehing like a canyon

Rotanimod said:
Cool shots. The presentation could use some work. I'd like to see just one or two of your favorites with some space in between them. Space is critical to allow an image to breathe on its own.

I like #2 a lot. Your shots will look really nice here if you use flickR to host.

Regards.

Nice....I'll check into Flickr today. Thx

Frequency said:
If you believe me these are the best wood texture i have seen picturized.....Classic Classic :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Yeah these shots are amazing. They look surreal. I agree with the comment that they look like aerial shots.

I think you have to get better at making choices. Weren't there a couple that you thought were better than the others? I would work on the last one because I like its simplicity and abstractness. First I would clone the white area on the top edge and then I would do some selective brightness adjustments to even out the lighting a little (maybe darken the mid left side and lighten the bottom). However, that's my preference and may not do anything for you. What do you want to do with these?

I think you have to get better at making choices. Weren't there a couple that you thought were better than the others? I would work on the last one because I like its simplicity and abstractness. First I would clone the white area on the top edge and then I would do some selective brightness adjustments to even out the lighting a little (maybe darken the mid left side and lighten the bottom). However, that's my preference and may not do anything for you. What do you want to do with these?

Ha..that is funny you think there are too many...these were the finalists...I couldn't make up my mind and it was late! I have a ton more wood images, though.

I have no specific plans for these...just a hobby.

ADORE them. I like 6 of 8 best, the one with a little sand at the top. Adds some interest and texture contrast. IMO...
Beth

Last edited:
Frequency said:
Actually these images have tremendous potential; they can decorate walls in big frames.... you must try for this :D

Her thanks! The full resolution images are nice and sharp...I think they would look good in a frame too...thanks!

Nice set, and just as nicely exposed. But you just have too many pictures stacked right next to the other. I think that all of us struggle with narrowing down a shoot to just a few pictures for presentation here, especially if he subject is the same for each of them. Try just studying them, and picking the worst of the set over a few days til you get down to just 3 or so. Believe me, I struggle with this as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back