Driving around France

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Not been around lately, partly due to having a couple of weeks driving around France, heres an abridged version of my holiday....

Sat on the ferry having a beer, waiting for them to load the trucks....

ferry.jpg

Then we said goodbye to the old white cliffs of Dover, and had another beer.

dover.jpg

The next day we were on the coast, but the weather was a bit miserable

omaha.jpg

So we headed inland and found better weather, a lake for swimming in and cold beer :D

lake2.jpg

a couple of days later we headed south, and actually spent a night in Spain, but came back north and spent a few days in the Pyrenees near this old place - there was no beer there, but there was just down the road.

castelnou.jpg

So we headed down the road and sat here and had a beer

thuir.jpg

A few days (and several beers later) we headed north, across the viaduc de millau which is the highest bridge in the world, and i found that out after I got home, so had no photo of it, or beer alongside it as I was driving!!

We eventually stopped in the middle of France - literally, there were signs saying so, but they were boring signs so I didn't take any photos of em.

I did take a photo of the view from where I sat to enjoy a beer after a long day on the road.

river.jpg

The next day we went looking around the area, and ended up at an old chateau where I sat and had a coke.

chateau.jpg

Then in the evening went wandering around taking photos in the village, before settling down for a couple of beers before getting a good nights sleep ready for the journey home.

wall.jpg

So there you are, two weeks in one thread - I'm back now, and looking forward to having a holiday - just having a beer whilst I think about it ;)

oh, man, i have missed you, but it was so worth the wait... great job!!

the places were just beautiful... and i love the pic of the white clifts of dover...

glad your back...hope you share more...

brilliant shots tempra! we did the same thing, drove through france down to perpignan, and across the border into spain, it was the best three weeks i have ever had, there is some fantastic scenery in france, and you have caught it beautifully, great shot of pyrenees, we had to be careful travelling through there at that time, we passed through basque country, i don't know wether the seperatists are still active around those parts, good work tempra! and thanks for sharing.

nice series, I like both the photos and the story behind them. No where is my beer?

u forgot ur camera on the viaduc de millau.. oh man those would of been some sweet shots.

great shots.

Thanks for the short holidays in France. I feel a little tipsy now after all that beer!

I love the photo of the village in the Pyrenees best of all, though all of them are good! Like also the one of the lake in which you did not swim but rested after a long day of driving, having a beer :D.

Are you coming to Saffron Walden in two days to have a beer with us then?

Amazing shots. What a beautiful place.

Wow, thanks all for the lovely comments!

Dalebe, there were lots of things I saw, but never once saw a basque being separated - not for want of trying mind ;) We were about 15 miles outside of Perpignan.

Wally, you can have one of mine if you come and get it - managed to squeeze several cases in on the way back - nearly had to leave the kids to make their own way home but the wife objected - so I left her instead (j/k)

LaFoto, I'll be there, just got to remind the mother in law that she's babysitting on Saturday - see, I should have left the kids would have been much easier :D

Cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back