Drone Capture Raptor

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This may be up here already. The Dutch police are training these birds. (In Dutch)

Seems like the Japanese approach of having drones with nets makes a bit more sense, IMO, and less likely to hurt the bird.

Falconry is back. :bouncingsmileys:

falcon3.jpg

New Bumper sticker.....
Proof.png

Last edited:
Seems like the Japanese approach of having drones with nets makes a bit more sense, IMO, and less likely to hurt the bird.

I would assume the bird knows not to damage itself I mean in the wild you see raptors carrying away serious animals.
Plus the bird is more autonomous and pics targets off where as a drone would to have to be piloted

The birds are pretty unfamiliar with spinning rotors, I don't think there is anything within their nature that would prevent injury. The autonomous part is definitely an advantage, plus an eagle or hawk could easily out-pace even the most substantial drone. This would be the big issue with the net idea.

At the same, even if it's a deterrent that would be enough. I'm sure most people who fly inappropriately aren't meaning to do so, and seeing a huge net attached to a big drone coming after your piddly toy should be a pretty good clue you're breaking the law.

I like the idea of using the birds, more sustainable and in tune with nature, but probably not mixed with machines like drones... might not be safe for the birds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back