Droopy Day.....

photoman720

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of this:

I just got my DSLR camera and this is one of the first shots. Please critique...

i'v seen toooo many pictures like this.

How the F does that help?

I like the idea of the shot but the composition seems off cuz of the leaves that are 1/2 out of the frame. If you shot this with a smaller DOF to only get the leaf on top in focus it'd pull it out more as the subject or you could just rip off those other leaves. :lol:

IMO, the problem with this picture is that there have been bazillions of pictures of wet Hosta before and you have got to find a way to present them that is new and interesting. The picture is in focus but there is little or no interest or excitement in the composition.
What are you intending us to look at? There are lots of things but nothing that is clearly the center of interest.

Look at other pictures of wet leaves, figure out whether they are interesting or not and try to intuit whether what content, arrangement, focus - what interesting elements you need to manipulate in your own pictures.

from0901trimmedsmallerow9.jpg

dsc00525yp7.jpg

Without seeing or reading the posts above, think I will just look at the original pic, and comment... makes life easier..

ok first i think you did a nice job with this... The focus is good... i personally hate to see floral shots with to much blur action... I always feel, if you want to shoot just one flower, Then Shoot one flower, but put it all in focus!

so, here you have good focus on multiple leaves... composition on this is pretty much sky the limit ... it tuff to pull off composition in florals, so this isn;t all that bad... pretty nice job here overall..

I think it's really good, but it could be more interesting if the leaves were not smack dab in the middle of the frame.

Most reactions

Back