Drowning...

gopal...pass that **** over here!
spongebob_smoking_weed.jpg

i love the tones and colour in this! was this personal or for some ad?

Great work Sarah Ashley! I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

I just got the funniest comment about these on another board. Its sad how people try to come off as they know what they are talking about when they dont. Some guy asked how these were IR and dident understand how it could be shown because im underwater? I dont see how this has anything to do with anything because people conduct IR water obviously docent but that irrelevant. "I am not sure how the IR relates to how they turned out. It would be interesting to see if there really is a difference in IR or not" lol. My hair is dyed red but shows up blue in IR. I had said this but he sill docent understand. Also the skin is abnormally pale and smooth. "I am quite familiar with IR photography but it is still a fairly new medium that I have not seen that much underwater" It is not new it has been used in film. Underwater or not it docent matter. =/ People bleh.

Sarah, Could you link us to where you got your cameras Transgender done? :p

I might buy a cheapo body and get it done, good effect and i bet cheaper than an IR filter... (which probably dont work half as good)

Uh.. i take that back... $325 for a convertion... oh god!

Last edited:
love how the shots blend in with one another! good job! keep it up:thumbup:

Sarah, Could you link us to where you got your cameras Transgender done? :p

I might buy a cheapo body and get it done, good effect and i bet cheaper than an IR filter... (which probably dont work half as good)

Uh.. i take that back... $325 for a convertion... oh god!

It was like $340 for me including shipping.

I just got the funniest comment about these on another board. Its sad how people try to come off as they know what they are talking about when they dont. Some guy asked how these were IR and dident understand how it could be shown because im underwater? I dont see how this has anything to do with anything because people conduct IR water obviously docent but that irrelevant. "I am not sure how the IR relates to how they turned out. It would be interesting to see if there really is a difference in IR or not" lol. My hair is dyed red but shows up blue in IR. I had said this but he sill docent understand. Also the skin is abnormally pale and smooth. "I am quite familiar with IR photography but it is still a fairly new medium that I have not seen that much underwater" It is not new it has been used in film. Underwater or not it docent matter. =/ People bleh.

Yeah, I agree, people can be "bleh".

Regardless of the method of creating the photograph, the photograph should stand on it's own. I am not accusing YOU of this, but their ARE a group of people more interested in the technical side of things who will create a totally average photograph, but then laud it as special because it was created with some alternative methods. Pinhole, IR, lensbabies, photoshop, etc, should ONLY be used as TOOLS to achieve the photograph you want.

There was a guy on here once that lit an entire room by lighting it with a flashlight, and then taking dozens of pictures as he lit each section of the room, and the mixing them together. The result was just an average picture of a room, but he was more impressed with the aspect of lighting it one section at a time. It didn't impress me much.

Your photos did... even though, yeah, you probably could've created a very similar look WITHOUT IR, but that's not what matters. What we have here is a thought-provoking image that is well crafted and put together as a nice series of photos!

Your photos did... even though, yeah, you probably could've created a very similar look WITHOUT IR, but that's not what matters. What we have here is a thought-provoking image that is well crafted and put together as a nice series of photos!

Ew no thanks. I would need photoshop to create the blue look and I hate changing colors and stuff in photoshop. The only think I personally think it should be used for is minor things like contrast, levels, and curves.

Ew no thanks. I would need photoshop to create the blue look and I hate changing colors and stuff in photoshop. The only think I personally think it should be used for is minor things like contrast, levels, and curves.

Interesting, I used my point of view to defend your work, and you just tore it down.

Photoshop is a tool, nothing more. Read my statement above for my thoughts on this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back