DSLR camera strap for tall guy?

GaryO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm 6'5" and own a Nikon D90. The strap that came with the camera is crap and way too short.
I would like to stick with the standard camera body anchor/attachment points. What say you?
Thanks...

Image not available Photos not available for this variation
Mouse over image to zoom
Mouse here to zoom in

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Have one to sell?
Sell it yourself

Quick Rapid Camera Single Shoulder Sling Black Belt Strap R-Strap

Last edited:
I don't like straps with camera-scratching metal. I recently bought an OP/Tech Superclassic:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000JJN9PK/ref=aw_cr_item?si=191-4829770-0479938

This particular one will be too short, it's 48" max. But you can buy this to make it longer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002R6KZLO/ref=pd_aw_sim_p_7?pi=SS115

Maybe they have a SKU of the strap that's already extra-long. This camera strap is excellent. It's a little difficult to get on the camera, but it's not that bad, and once it's on, it's on.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"I don't like straps with camera-scratching metal."

What scratching?
I have been using a Black Rapid strap like pictured above for 5 years Daily.
And with zero scratches due to the strap.

What I like about them is no camera weight hanging off my neck.
Aand down out of the way leaving front cleared.
Ready at the hip for a quick grab raise and shoot.
Too each their own and the Optech are nice and comfy also.

Ditto on the black Rapid.... and using the pre-existing attachment loops are not the best idea (they get in the way). The shoulder strap is also much more comfortable, and protects the camera better.

What scratching?
Sorry, the pics didn't show up well with my phone. I thought it looked like the typical metal ring type. Yours is a tripod socket mount. I've seen them around. They're pretty popular. They look cool, but then you can't set the camera on a table, can you?

I'm 6'4" and use a Black Rapid strap.

What scratching?
Sorry, the pics didn't show up well with my phone. I thought it looked like the typical metal ring type. Yours is a tripod socket mount. I've seen them around. They're pretty popular. They look cool, but then you can't set the camera on a table, can you?

Sure you can. It might not sit perfectly flat, but you can set it on the table. Even if you have to set it on it's side, that's still nbd.

I'm another who *STRONGLY* Recommends the black rapid. Best money I ever spent. I'm not sure I'd trust an off brand one, but I'll stand behind the legit Black Rapid Straps 100%.

I'm another who *STRONGLY* Recommends the black rapid. Best money I ever spent.
Wow. Well, that wins it, because mine is just a $12 foamy/springy camera strap. It's not my life's best investment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back