Dslr for beginners

idle143

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am fresher in the photography arena, hardly know anything about photography. I am planning to buy a Dslr for myself to mainly shoot people and some landscapes. Nothing wildlife or Sport. Been looking for some Dslrs. Canon EOS T2i, Canon EOS T3i, Nikon 5100 have been good in reviews. Can you please suggest me a Camera and the lens to go with it.

I started with the Rebel XTi and loved it. I found that the camera I was using didn't really matter, but the lens I was shooting with made all the difference. The T3I is an awesome beginner camera =)

What really matters is how it feels to you. Image quality is good with practically any of the newer breed of DSLR's. You need to see them, hold them and decide what feels right for you.....

Whoa you're in Seoul? So am I. Im actually in Yongin.

Thanks Guys...any suggestions on lens to go with it...with T3i, canon is providing a 18-55mm kit lens.

idle143 said:
Thanks Guys...any suggestions on lens to go with it...with T3i, canon is providing a 18-55mm kit lens.

50mm prime lens. cheap and sharp

id got t3i or 5100 if you had the cash. Dont worry about lenses yet.

What really matters is how it feels to you. Image quality is good with practically any of the newer breed of DSLR's. You need to see them, hold them and decide what feels right for you.....
Features and capabilities count for a lot more, I think.

But, I agree that any differences in image quality, particularly for someone having zero experience, are going to be more about who used the camera than what brand of camera was used.

Over the years I have used several different brands and types of camera, often switching between brands and types during a shoot.
The differences in 'feel' didn't matter very much, if any.

So you suggest I buy the camera, use the lens 18-55 mm, learn and get a feel of it. Then i can decide upon lenses and stuff?

And there is one Canon t3i with canon 18-55 mm and Canon t3i with Tamron 28-80 mm for the same price. Which one should I go for?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back