DSLR Newbie

acstewart85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, like it says I am a newbie, in fact I am a newbie to photography besides the random shots I got at parties or get togethers with my p&s. So when I asked for a DSLR I knew I would want to really get serious about this being a hobby. That being said I am looking for some C&C... These are literally the first shots that I took with my camera, I have been reading up on settings and lighting and composure though.
IMG_0501.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg

I really like the one with the taps, i don't really know why or how to explain the reason i like it apart from it just turned out really nice

Mark, Thanks for the editing, I will have to do that. I have PSE 8 but havent really played around with it in editing actual photos, more for the digi scrapbooking. I will have to see if I can play with the levels and get it to look like what you have done, as it looks much better! :)

1) underexposed
2) ok would of been cooler if you could see the other faucets out of focus..create a line
3) nice dog. ears are a bit dark. fill light could help

keep shooting!

You say they are underexposed, how do I fix that? I know that I have exposure settings on my camera but which way would I go with the dial, i.e. higher number? What does this do? How does it work? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Here are some links to help you with your new camera.

Exposure:
Understanding Camera Metering and Exposure

Learning about Exposure – The Exposure Triangle

A good book
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003]Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition)…[/ame]

Exposure Triangle
Camera Exposure: Aperture, ISO & Shutter Speed

Have fun and good luck!

Wow! Thank you all so much! I'm excited to take more pictures and use what you have suggested!!!

Most reactions

Back