dSLR Noob, forum Noob, not a total Noob though

AussieTimmeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day,

My name is Tim, I'm from Australia.

After 3 years of making the most of a Fuji point and shoot (S5500), I am finally able to step up into the dSLR world. I originally bought the Fuji for its low cost, 10x optical zoom (I like to do motorsport photography), and manual functions. It was basically the best of what I could afford. Over time, I have come to grow frustrated with its extremely long turn on time (approximately ten light years), large levels of noise at low light levels, and of course, the inability to change the glass.

I am an extremely grateful Canon 20D owner now, and I look forward to learning how to use it effectively.

The Fuji will now be relegated to family and emergency duties. Because I'm new to the forums, and to farewell the Fuji, I've pulled together a very small collection of images taken on the Fuji over the past 3 years to give you an idea of where my photography is at the moment, and expect many questions and more images when my batteries arrive for the Canon 20D. I specifically tried to limit the amount of motorsport images, as I will admit it makes up the bulk of my collection, but I hope I can show I am able to use the camera in other occasions too.

Enjoy...

formal.jpg

cathedral.jpg

ferrari.jpg

fisherman.jpg

ring.jpg

hq.jpg

honda.jpg

skyscraper.jpg

sparklers.jpg

a1gp.jpg

tigers.jpg

I can't wait to now step into a dSLR and explore the doors that will become open to me now.

Feedback is welcome / encouraged. I'm not the sort to be offended at harsh critiques, I won't improve otherwise. I look forward to learning from everyone here on the forums, thanks for taking the time to look.

Regards, Timmeh

I like the fishing picture and the sparkler. Overall great shots, and welcome to the forums!!

The love one was the photo that caught my attention.

Welcome to TPF and enjoy your new 20D!

Same here, I like the couple and the symbolism of the pier. Nicely done!

Welcome aboard.

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum. You obviously have talent. Thanks for sharing your work. Glad you joined us.

Thanks for the welcome and comments, I appreciate it. I've only been browsing the forums a short time and already discovered a wealth of information, so I hope to really step up my game.

Timmeh

G'day and thanks for the welcome and kind words, I appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back