DSLR on back of a view camera?

Yea the lens will still technically be a 300mm lens but you will NOT have the field of view of a 300mm lens on a 4x5 camera.
I'll have the field of view of a 300mm lens on a 35mm camera which I will be attaching to the back. Because that's what I'm putting onto it... a 300mm lens. Not 1200.
It will look exactly like the 70-300mm lens I have from canon made for FF DSLRs zoomed in all the way.

It would look like the equivalent field of view of a 1200mm lens (or whatever) on large format. I believe that's what you're getting confused with.

I'll have the field of view of a 300mm lens on a 35mm camera which I will be attaching to the back. Because that's what I'm putting onto it... a 300mm lens. Not 1200.
It will look exactly like the 70-300mm lens I have from canon made for FF DSLRs zoomed in all the way.

It would look like the equivalent field of view of a 1200mm lens (or whatever) on large format. I believe that's what you're getting confused with.

Oh that's right I was confused and thinking of something a little different.

But if I'm going to the trouble of lugging out a 4x5 camera and setting it up I want to take advantage of that 4x5 film size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back