DSLR or Cell Phone?

One thing led to another and I wound up 'googling' cell phone vs. dslr and came across this,

Phone or fancy camera, can you tell? - CNN.com

i scored 4 out of 10.

maybe I don't need a 1Dx..

how many did you get right?

These are all garbage pictures that you can take with a phone. You can take crap pictures with a DSLR, but you can't take the same pictures with a cell phone that you can a DSLR.

Can you take this with a cell phone?

WaterDrop by Compressed Memories, on Flickr

I think its hilarious the morons with iPhones trying to be the worlds next best Photographer.

[video=vimeo;13081827]http://vimeo.com/13081827[/video]

This dude boasts that he took these shots with an iPhone and a $50 flood lamp. What he doesn't mention is the $1000 Octabank he shoots through, or the $3k in fill lighting he is using.

Iphone photography can be great fun and very interesting. I think your statement about morons is a bit strong.

There are some very good photographers using their iphones when the situation indicates it may be better than nothing, and/or have fun using apps in the phone to be creative.

Bad photos are made with all sorts of cameras, ranging from $5 to 50,000 dollars, just as there are good photos made from the same range of cameras.

Being in the right hands with the knowledge to be creative is much more important (imho)

Junk journalism. The 1st pic offered is a horrid example of a landscape shot so I chose it came from "phone" and got it wrong
lol.gif

Well the right answer would've been " the specific photographer would be better with the iPhone vs. the DSLR"

Ha! I killed that quiz! It's all about the depth of field. Anything too shallow I knew had to be a DSLR.

there were two dudes on the bus yesterday and they were talking about how their phone has HDR, filters, and blurring ("so it's like depth of field")

These are all garbage pictures that you can take with a phone. You can take crap pictures with a DSLR, but you can't take the same pictures with a cell phone that you can a DSLR.

Can you take this with a cell phone?

not the point jackass.

First there were MWACs. Now there's MWACPCs........... Morons With A Cell Phone Camera.

mind you, there's PLENTY of MWADSLR.

Most reactions

Back