DSLR Prices

Nytmair said:
i should start planning out exactly what I want so I know how much I need to put aside...

$3000
body $1000-1500
3 - cf 1gb $100 each/$300
ex-battery $15 (generic – for small internet dealer)
and the rest on lenses

i'll probably have to find one lense to get at first, depending if I get a kit lens or not, and just get more lenses later down the line, becuase that's a lot of money :shock:

Nytmair said:
i'll probably have to find one lense to get at first, depending if I get a kit lens or not, and just get more lenses later down the line, becuase that's a lot of money :shock:

That the big problem with DSLR, once you start buying good lenses. You’re committed to that brand because the lenses end up costing more that the camera body. But an advantage is that if you want to shoot both film and digital. You can get a good used pro film body for under $500

These are prices I have been seeing on ebay since the canon 20d came out (it pretty much took over the market).

A d70 body is going for about $800-900 and nikon is giving a $100 rebate.

A canon digital rebel body is going for about $500.

A canon 10d is going for about $800 - $900.

The Canon prices really dropped. I was surprised to see rebels go for that little. Modern cameras don't really hold value very well (probably has something to do with plastic bodies).

If you have the patience to wait until the nikon shows up with it's answer to the 20d, then I bet prices will be another $100 lower.

well I am starting to put some extra money aside, so in say 2 or 3 months i'll be ready to buy one probably. Hopefully prices drop even more soon :)

hmm I'm afraid I'll have to stay with my s5000 for a looooong time :)

Most reactions

Back