DSLR Shooters-

Whats your brand?

• Total voters
Always baffles me how someone will be annoyed with a post yet they'll reply to it several times???? If it's really that painful... pass it over.

Also, keep in mind that there are several topics that will always come up (Nikon v Canon, Film v Digital, etc.) and just because some of us have been here long enough to see the topic 100+ times, others might be new and maybe haven't seen it.

:soapbox:

Anywho... word on the streets is that Nikon passed Canon in market share last year and together they hold about ~80%.

canon.

according to poll results alot of nikon shooters here.

i had thought pretty hard about using nikon before i bought my canon.

both brands are very good.

Shhh - I'm curious what PROs use :wink:

When shopping for DSLR, I looked at both XTi and D40x - neither felt "comfortable" using. Hard to describe. I loved how smooth D40x seemed to work though. This was when I thought the body was more important then the lens - didn't even know there were that many lens choices, I only wanted camera without the lag between shots.

Next, I wanted to look at D80 - could not find one. I heard the 30D was similar and kit came with a longer lens - 28-135 (OOOH!) compared to some-55 on D80. So I got the 30D and LOVE IT. Would love the 40D even more. By time I'm done with new lens and can afford the 40D, I think the 50D will be out.

My vote: CANON :mrgreen:

I am curious what most of you use as a walk-around lens. I use 17-40 f/4L. No reach, but most of my shots are of my toddler so no complaints ... wish it were f/2.8 though.

I'm a Fuji S5 Pro user. It's the D200 body with a different sensor than the Nikon. I learned on a Pentax K1000, got back into it all with a Fuji S2 Pro, and felt very confortable with Fuji. A buddy of mine shoots professionally and sold me his S2, he now uses an S5 as well. So technically I am a Nikon user.

Nikon, I'll probably end up staying with them as I progress too.

Most reactions

Back