DSLR suggestions?

djl4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I'm new at photography. I currently have a Nikon FE2. It's a great camera, but the thing is that it's really hard for me to develop film. There's not a lot of places that develop film anywhere in my area.
I have been looking at a couple of DSLR. I'm really interested in the Nikon D's: D40, D60, D50, etc.
I was wondering: What is a great camera for me to use? I only planning on buying one camera, and I want this one camera to be a good one. The Nikon D90 looks great, and I'm sure it has a lot of functions and features, but I don't think I'll be needing it. The D40 looks good, but I don't think it'll be enough...?? I'm not sure. What do you guys suggest?

In addition, I'm hoping to be able to use my lens from the Nikon FE2. Would the lens that fit my Nikon FE2 be compatible to any of the Nikon D series?

I'm willing to read anything you guys have to suggest. I'd like to learn some stuff about photography!

Thank you!

Google is your friend. Search for camera reviews on any of the models you mentioned, and other ones.

This site is a good place to learn about photography, but again, google will answer 90% of your questions faster than it would take for you to type that question here.

Not trying to be a jerk... just offer you some advice on how to get the info you are looking for a lot faster.

All of your current lenses will work on any nikon DSLR, But the D40 and D60 do not have focus motors in the body, so non AF-S lenses will not autofocus.I would Look at the D80, it was just replaced by the D90, it has a focus motor, but doesn't have video or extra features of the D90.

Does it matter if there isn't any focus motors in the body? I can just focus manually, right?
The D80 looks great, but it's a bit pricey. I've heard a lot of good things about the D40. I'll look into that.
Thank you.

Why what is you budget? Because B&H has the D80 body at $550. The D80 is a great camera and will work with you lenses. You can manually focus on the D40/60s but, it is a pain but, it can be done.

Google is your friend. Search for camera reviews on any of the models you mentioned, and other ones.

This site is a good place to learn about photography, but again, google will answer 90% of your questions faster than it would take for you to type that question here.

Not trying to be a jerk... just offer you some advice on how to get the info you are looking for a lot faster.
As Jerry said do a search because the your question has most likely been answered her before, just search the title of your thread.

Most reactions

Back