DTM Testing @ Brands Hatch 21/03/06 (Sparks n' Flames) :)

Az_GTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ae-photography.co.uk
DTM.... WOW :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For those of you who don't know they are basically Touring Cars, 500bhp, very fast and very spectacular! This was only testing but I was pretty amazed, 100 times better than our own British Touring Cars IMO. Was again very cold (always is!!!) but there was plenty of on track action. Well worth it :)

Here's a couple of "forum friendly sized" photos...

#1 One of my first shots of the day. Think I stood here for about an hour just watching them go by. Quality :)
DTM_Testing_Brands_Hatch_210306_AE_7259_800x.jpg

#2 Tom Kristensen sparking out of Paddock Hill. This guys a legend!
DTM_Testing_Brands_Hatch_210306_AE_7297_800x.jpg

#3 Approaching Druids...
DTM_Testing_Brands_Hatch_210306_AE_7434_800x.jpg

#4 Couldn't resist going back to Paddock Hill Bend...
DTM_Testing_Brands_Hatch_210306_AE_7647_800x.jpg

#5 Ouch! Pierre Kaffer crashes right infront of me... quite a heavy hit, couldn't get any shots of the impact though, not a good angle plus rusty fence in the way :lol: Here's moments later though... He was ok btw :)
DTM_Testing_Brands_Hatch_210306_AE_7926_800x.jpg

#6 Susie Stoddart holding up a flaming Tom Kristensen approaching Clearways...
DTM_Testing_Brands_Hatch_210306_AE_8005_800x.jpg

If you want you can view more and larger versions here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/210306.html (be patient it may take a few seconds to load up)

Comments are most welcomed, I try to improve everytime I shoot so just say what you think, good or bad. Last time I had issues with shots being a little too dark on certain monitors, I've tried hard to address that. Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Az

What a great series!
These are so fast, it's gotta be tough shooting. Just curious what you think your 'keeper' to 'trash' ratio is?

yeah man these are great, your panning job is top notch. My favs would be the third and forth.

Superb!!!

I live quite close to Oulton Park, but usually if the big teams are testing, they don't allow spectators.

Several track days though, usually with interesting machinery.

Wow...this is an awesome series. Very well done. !!!!

Thanks guys :) Anyone interested in motorsport really should try and see one of these machines in action... awesome! I'm just hoping the actual race at Brands Hatch later this year will live up to expectations!

JonathanM said:
Superb!!!

I live quite close to Oulton Park, but usually if the big teams are testing, they don't allow spectators.

Several track days though, usually with interesting machinery.
Thanks Jonathan. That's a bit frustrating, don't know why they wouldn't open just part of the circuit for spectators. What is viewing like at Oulton (for both spectating and photography)? I've never been but it's a circuit I would really like to go to.

woodsac said:
What a great series!
These are so fast, it's gotta be tough shooting. Just curious what you think your 'keeper' to 'trash' ratio is?
Yes they are fast, 500bhp :) not as fast as Formula One but what impressed me was the "turn in" and direction change they had. Just seemed to have so much grip.

When shooting with my normal settings I keep 1 in 2/3. When I'm trying other shots with different setting (really slow pans, using an edge AF spot for a nice frame etc) then the keeper rate drops. Perhaps then 1 in 10, but it's worth the effort to get the effect. Does depend on what I'm shooting (I generally find bikes harder) and what effect I want but using my "normal" setup probably about 1 in 3. I'm usually very selective with my shots unless something happens :)

Cheers

excellent series full of some really nice shots... great work. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back