Dual bracket

You'll want to make sure you're using a large enough umbrella to cover all those heads and warrant using a multiple-head bracket.

The other way, of course, is to simply use multiple stands, umbrellas, and one flash per.

I'd like an umbrella bracket that simply puts the light in the middle; regardless if it matters or not.

I don't know how much those brackets are, but since you'll have to use a larger umbrella, you might be ahead if you just get multiple stands and (smaller) umbrellas.

I'd rather go to strobes than spending all that cash for 2 or 4 flashes (and triggers). It opens up alot more diffuser options too, and saves money.

This works for me. It is just a short piece of bar stock from Home Depot

dse_8812.jpg

Here's a simple 2-flash mount and swivel mount. Selens S-081 Dual Hotshoe Flash Bracket Umbrella Holder Swivel Light Stand LF484 - Newegg.com

Using two, or three, or four speedlights allows you to cut the power down quite a bit, and get high output but VERY fast flash recycling time, and in some cases, very brief flash durations. Ordinarily the duration is not the big draw, but the lower power does really minimize overheating, and tremendously increases recycling times.

What is the purpose using four speedlights as one strobe? Is that too powerful?
Well, your average speedlight is between 50-85Ws, so no, it's not going to be too powerful. ;)

What is the purpose using four speedlights as one strobe? Is that too powerful?

Honestly, I can't think of a really good reason, other than if you happen to have four speed lights and no studio flash.

Unless you're shooting in the field and don't have a battery-operated studio flash, but since you're using an umbrella modifier, I thought we are talking about in the studio.

Most reactions

Back