Dublin Riot February 2006

Renair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.renebruunphotographer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I am new to this site, this is my 4th post today I think.....
Below are some shots of a riot that took place in Dublin, Ireland on 26th February 2006.

Comments Welcome:
25234.jpg

25239.jpg

25249.jpg

Photographers also became a legitimate target for the rioters!

www.renebruunphotography.com

oh come on, theres gotta be more snaps then that!

Well, Renair, next time you post pics, make sure you put spaces between them, will you, so they don't run all together. Here there are only three all in all, so it is still ok, but you can post more, then, however, you should not only put enough spaces between your links, but also number them.

Of these, I like the first best - maybe because the O'Connell-column (am I right here???) can be seen as reflected in that one ambulance man's helmet? There is a whole scene of its own in there, and along with the emotion that the photo evokes through its foremost rescue/first aid scene, it is a nice second layer.

great pics! can you tell me why there was a riot?

The riot was bascially because members of the Loyalist community from Northern Ireland wanted to march through Dublin City centre which Irish people said it was them rubbing our noses in it. Many people advised not to march and unfortunately yobs and thugs turned it into a full scale riot!

The GARDA (Irish police force - Irish for "Guardians of the Peace) did not object to us being there (photographers) as they had their hands full and to be honest were completely out numbered! I will add shots later to my site.

www.renebruunphotography.com

2 new albums added this morning, Dublin 4 / 5

Most reactions

New Topics

Back