Duck C&C

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to the whole concept of bird photography, and would love some feedback.

Other that maybe having him facing the camera, what else could I do to improve on the image.

Taken with

Canon Rebel T2i

55-250 mm lens

f/8
1/320 sec
ISO 200

cropped and minor exposure adjustment in LR and sharpened for screen

Duck by Boaketography, on Flickr

I think the side view works just as well! Great focus and exposure. The only thing I don't care for is the colors; the water is very green and murky, but that isn't something you had control over. Nice job! :thumbup: :)

This is a good photo. Head angle should be parallel with the film plane...uggh, the sensor plane, you seem to have that. there should be enough head room ,so if the duck stretched it's head /neck it would still fit. You have that. there should be room for the duck to move in to. You have that. good eye contact,and a catch-light. You have that too. So as i already stated this is a good photograph......If there was a bit more separation . Sadly the duck does get a little lost in the BG. and the tail may be a little close to the edge for a frame. all in all...Great job !

Yes, I'm a little disappointed with the background. Definitely what I will be looking to improve the next time out.

"I ain't swimming in this ****," said the Duck.

Nice shot - good composition - catchlight in the duck's eye - sharp - I would agree with the "water/background colour" comments, but if you are photographing wildlife you can't be choosy about this kind of stuff.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back