Duck!

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We've had a duck nesting in our tiny walled garden for the last 3 years. She's really getting to know us now and come's up to the back door looking for food when we are in the kitchen, and feeds out of our hand.

Here's a few snaps I took of her chilling out by the pond :)

duck01.jpg

duck02.jpg

duck03.jpg

duck04.jpg

duck05.jpg

duck07.jpg

duck09.jpg

duck11.jpg

duck12.jpg

She's sitting on her eggs now, I'll try to get some of the ducklings when they hatch, probably a couple of weeks from now.

Cheers :)

Mohain

I really like #2. #8 would be absolutely brilliant if you could have captured it from the side!

Well, isn't she a ham in 5 and 7? She does smile for the camera, now does she not?

Photo 8 is really well seen and taken and is soooo funny. Well-well-well done!
And 9 is so very much "duck", you know. It is the German children's song all right!!!
"Alle meine Entchen schwimmen auf dem See,
Köpfchen in das Wasser, Schwänzchen in die Höh'" ... Have fun translating that :biggrin:

What a fun series! She's a looker, and doesn't mind posing. Thanks for sharing these, and I look forward to pictures of the little ducklings.

Haha thanks. She is a cutie isn't she? :heart:

I think I do have at least one from the side I'll try to dig out tonight.

LaFoto, thanks. Translation from the 'net:

"All my ducklings swim on the lake, head into the water, tail into the Höh"

Not sure sure what "Höh" is tho ;)

BTW, I has a dream with you in it the other night!!!! :shock:

haha, i love these pictures, and i never knew ducks could smile,lol , great shots!

Great, Ducks are fantastic! without a doubt the coolest animal on this earth.. they just bob around mooching bread from tourists all day, Brilliant!

Does she have a name?
I like the blue under her wing in #6.
Anyone know what kind of duck this is? I feel like I should, but can not remember at the moment.

Does she stay year round?

looks like a Mallard to me.

I just love the way Ducks look happy

7 & 3 are very nice

Does she have a name?
I like the blue under her wing in #6.
Anyone know what kind of duck this is? I feel like I should, but can not remember at the moment.

Does she stay year round?

When mummy and daddy duck first started hanging around the garden we called them Chris and 'Arry for Crispy and Aromatic :lol: Now we just call her Duck ;) She comes around March time with a bloke in toe, he does one when she starts sitting on her eggs full time. She's had two clutches each year so she's usually around till June ish time.

The chicks were starting to appear this morning, she was still firmly on her nest tho so hopefully they will still be around tonight when I'm back from work :)

#9 i died laughing... i got the "duck was flying... saw water... went to dive... not as deep as she thought"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back