Ducks at the park

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went shooting at our local park today and saw lots and lots of ducks. Do you have any pointers as to how i could improve on these images?

3d8l0jY.jpg

LyIOzlY.jpg

For me, the first one looks like an eye-level shot, and I am rarely a fan of that perspective. The second however is much ore direct/straight on. The background in the second is nicely blown out, which helps to focus on the bird. Could you have gotten a bit tighter on the second?

Cheers!
Jake

They look great! If you got real nit-picky, from a wildlife standpoint, they aren't in natural environments or on natural perches, and some get overly critical about those things. But they are great shots, and a great shot of a duck on a fence is better than an average shot of a duck in water, at least in my book.

@D-B-J

On the first one i should have gotten on the ground, that could have been a better picture with a more diverse background.

The second one i could crop very far into it, but i wanted that background and the wooden fence that is leading to him he's standing on. Maybe i could cut the part above the duck. a bit more.

Here is a closer crop:

3EtaxWf.jpg

I really like both shots, male ducks are so colourful and interesting to look at.

May I ask what lens you used to get these shots.

They look great! If you got real nit-picky, from a wildlife standpoint, they aren't in natural environments or on natural perches, and some get overly critical about those things. But they are great shots, and a great shot of a duck on a fence is better than an average shot of a duck in water, at least in my book.

Thank you. I have been meaning to get to more remote places so i can photograph them in their natural environment.

I really like both shots, male ducks are so colourful and interesting to look at.

I didn't know what gender they were. :lol: I used my 70-200 vrii on my d3200.

I really like the second one a lot!

Sent from my iPhone

Well thank you. It's nice to have a compliment now and again to raise moral.

Thank you. I have been meaning to get to more remote places so i can photograph them in their natural environment.

No need to go remote. Any place with a decent sized body of water will do. I prefer public parks. The more public the area, the more comfortable the animals are around people. When you go out to remote places, you'll be lucky to get within 50 meters of anything.

No need to go remote. Any place with a decent sized body of water will do. I prefer public parks. The more public the area, the more comfortable the animals are around people. When you go out to remote places, you'll be lucky to get within 50 meters of anything.
Ow i have lots of pictures of them in the water and out. These are just the ones i randomly selected.

Here are one more picture of duck number 1 just getting out of the water and another duck also just out of the water:

lscNFFh.jpg

pQk3uPs.jpg

Here is just discovered how to use split toning.

isjNC5p.jpg

It changes the mood of the picture, but i'm unsure of the final result when compared to the one above that has no split toning applied.

And here is another one from when i was at the park. It is of a mother duck i think and her baby duck, i had to crop far into the picture because they were far away from dry land, but i really like this picture. :D

B0s7a1p.jpg

Actually i'm not even sure if these are ducks. I don't know anything about birds. :lmao:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back