Dug up my old stereo!

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
While rooting down in the basement store room I came across some old stereo equipment. I brought it out of storage and had a listen.

Why this was in storage so long I can't honestly say. Dire Straits, Galleria - wow!

ADS S500 speakers, ADS MS2 subwoofer, NAD 1240 preamp and NAD 2240PE amp. I know it's not high end stuff but boy do it sound nice.

Attachments

• $DSC_0831.JPG
    $DSC_0831.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 161
You must be young. I thought I was going to see something that played cassettes or tapes. You have an iPod hooked up to it. My goodness I am old.

You must be young. I thought I was going to see something that played cassettes or tapes. You have an iPod hooked up to it. My goodness I am old.

That set-up will play cassettes, tapes, and reel to reels. The old main/pre-main amps have audio input jacks. No matter what you feed in, iPad or 8-track, audio will be amplified and delivered to the speakers =)

It always amuses me to see old tech driving sound from an ipod. :)

Of course I'm young, only turned 59 last week!

59? Yup, that's young just like I thought ;) The fact that you have an Ipod to hook up to the oldish stereo says it all. I really am glad we have lived during this time period (I am 50). We gotten to see a lot of cool things in our lifetimes!!!!!

That set-up will play cassettes, tapes, and reel to reels. The old main/pre-main amps have audio input jacks. No matter what you feed in, iPad or 8-track, audio will be amplified and delivered to the speakers =)

Way cool to be able to bridge some gaps like that.

I do have TEAC and SONY reel to reels, a SONY cassette deck, a Denon CD player, a Denon Tuner and a phase stabilized quartz timed Technics turn table with over 2,000 vinyls to play on it. The reel to reels date to a time before cassettes were something you'd want to listen to. I still have a Kenwood KA3500 integrated amp kicking about somewhere. I never did get a McIntosh tube amp or a Nakamichi turntable, though I did lust in my heart. Anybody remember the Sony Mini-Disk? I've got one of those, still works too. How about Sony DAT audio cassette? They didn't sell too many of those.

I never did have an 8 track player, not even in any of the old jalopies I've owned.

Most reactions

Back