Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so I had to try!

shots from yesterday and today, late pm. Most of these shots were taken with the D200 / 200-400 VR, but to are identified with the 1.4 TC, as I hope to make good use of this extender this winter. All exif info on these shots are below the image, located in the recent photos gallery, on my website.

thanks to Daisy and Maria for keeping me company while hiking around the marsh for hours.

DSC_1786w.jpg

DSC_1760w.jpg

3 200-400 VR + nikon 1.4 TC
DSC_1651w.jpg

4 200-400 VR + nikon 1.4 TC
DSC_1883w.jpg

5 50% crop!
DSC_1896w.jpg

DSC_1592w-1.jpg

DSC_1566w.jpg

thanks for looking!!

Ray
Enjoyed all these. Last one looks like you found a very co-operative hawk sitting on guardrail waiting for you to drive up. :D

I visited your Bird wesite recently. Good stuff there!
I haven't seen a Common Red Poll in several years. Nice bird. Thanks.

Bill

Great photos.

#1 and #3 stand out to me.

How can you create well-lit, perfectly exposed, totally NOT-dull-looking photos of this kind in what you call dull light? These photos do NOT show it! Not at all. And they are all ever so sharp and well focused, exposed and whatnot. Just perfect. (As always).

Is it also due to the fact that you use a 1.4 lens (while mine only is a 1:4-5.6)? Is this where equipment really helps to get such perfect photos? Where it is no longer "only" the person behind the camera but ALSO the equipment to use?

*Pssshh* Who cares so much about the lighting quality if the subjects are stunning, or at least are made to appear so by such a talented photographer. Your bird photos never cease to amaze me. I can't even get a half decent bird photo at a feeder!

Peanuts said:
I can't even get a half decent bird photo at a feeder!

Shake hands on that :D

(Oh, it is you to whom I must dedicate the lemur photo of this_thread - now I remember!!!!)

Really nice, those Hawk shots are slick as can be,....whew those are tack sharp. Thanks for sharin'

LaFoto said:
How can you create well-lit, perfectly exposed, totally NOT-dull-looking photos of this kind in what you call dull light? These photos do NOT show it! Not at all. And they are all ever so sharp and well focused, exposed and whatnot. Just perfect. (As always).

Is it also due to the fact that you use a 1.4 lens (while mine only is a 1:4-5.6)? Is this where equipment really helps to get such perfect photos? Where it is no longer "only" the person behind the camera but ALSO the equipment to use?

thanks so much to everyone!

Hi Lafoto.. the lens is a 200-400 zoom f/4, and I was trying out a 1.4 teleconverter on it.. so at 400 mm, the TC gives you some extra reach, and the focal lenth is now 560mm., but in doing that, we lose speed.. so f/4 becomes f/5.6. It also slows down the focusing speed, and we lose 14% in image quality., so, all things considered, i am not sure if I like this tc.

thanks as always for you un-equaled kindness.

i love these photo's! number 3 and 7 are my fave.

great photography

I'm just not worthy

Most reactions

Back