Dumb luck

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So Wednesday while I was at work one of the valves supplying water to my kitchen sink exploded sending hundreds of gallons of water throughout my house and down through the floor, flooding the basement. So I get to stay in a motel until further notice. :thumbdown:

Oh noooooo! That's terrible terrible news. So sorry to hear it. Damn.

Very sorry to hear it, and I know how you feel. About 2 months back, we had so much rain in a short period of time that the local water table came up fast enough to overwhelm the underdrain system, resulting in about a foot of water in the basement. The clean-up was a real joy.

Oh dear! No! :shock:
This does NOT sound good.
How could it happen?
And for how long did it flow out happily without anyone noticing?
What was stored in the basement that is now all soaked?

oh :(

does sond very bad.

hope it did not cause too much damage!

Well, to answer Corinna, I left the house at 8am for work and returned home at 6pm to find water pouring out from under my sink and cascading down through the furnace ducts into the basement.

No personal property was damaged because i just moved in and hadn't unpacked anything yet ;-)

As far as damage to the house, the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom are trashed. I'll report back with a dollar amount as soon as I learn it.

I guess the one good point is that your stuff wasn't flooded. [As many people store a lot of 'stuff' in their basements, I was expecting you would have had losses there too.]

Oh no! I hope you have insurance...

Most reactions

Back