Dumb Question - Battery Grip

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got one, and it has a cable for the shutter release. This however, on the D3100, takes up the spot for the remote. It works without the cable, so why is there a cable? Doesn't buying a grip with the plans to do long exposures/chain firing defeat the purpose if you can't use a remote?

I just got one, and it has a cable for the shutter release. This however, on the D3100, takes up the spot for the remote. It works without the cable, so why is there a cable? Doesn't buying a grip with the plans to do long exposures/chain firing defeat the purpose if you can't use a remote?

So the shutter on the grip functions without the cable plugged in? Because that would be odd.

If it still works as far as extending battery life is concerned, I'm not sure why you'd care if the grip were connected or not if you're using a remote/intervelometer.

So the shutter on the grip functions without the cable plugged in? Because that would be odd.

If it still works as far as extending battery life is concerned, I'm not sure why you'd care if the grip were connected or not if you're using a remote/intervelometer.

Yep, completely missed the extra shutter button. It will probably never be used so I guess the cable doesn't matter.

Yep, completely missed the extra shutter button. It will probably never be used so I guess the cable doesn't matter.

That was my thought. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back