600-1579.jpg

600-1580.jpg

600-1582.jpg

600-1589.jpg

600-1590.jpg

600-1593.jpg

600-1594.jpg

600-1602.jpg

Ah, we got you motivated to post images from Death Valley. Great stuff, particularly #6. Thanks.

very nice! with 6, 9, 10 being clear favourites!

some of those images could have been upgraded by a gradient neutral density filter which helps exposing the sky better

great series ..... now thats one place id love to go and shoot! :thumbup:

..yeah, different from dartmoor ... we should make a tpf excursion :)

Wow! Those are stunning.

I can't really pick a favorite, they are all too good.

Hmmmm... I like these pictures... I don't like the desert cause I used to live in an area that was all brown and I hate brown.... BUT.... I love these. You make me want to go there.

Thanks all!

These shots were taken about a year and a half ago. The sky blew out on me, and you'd think I would have bought a ND filter by now. Not yet. Maybe later this month.

The dunes were in great shape. We came into the valley the night before to see a wind storm finish off all the zillions of footprints that usually muck up everything.

I've become sort of sentimentally attached to the photos. I had picked up my grand-daughter in Las Vegas, who had flown in from Connecticutt. As she lived with us until she was 4, and nearby until she was 11. We're very close at heart (and spoiled). This was her first trip to Death Valley. We got up at 4:30 the next morning and set off for the dunes for her first sunrise in the valley.

Kirstan - age 14 (16 now).
k-1601.jpg

She's been going on photo shoots with me since she was 2 and been taking pictures since she was 4.

We started out the day below sea level and ended the day at 10,000 feet at the bristlecone pine forest.

Thanks again everyone. Glad I finally got to these.

abraxas said:
She's been going on photo shoots with me since she was 2 and been taking pictures since she was 4.

gosh, that is early training! Lucky her!

why not invite her to the forum if she is still into photography? :)

I think she is already- She told me about the forum.

how'd I miss this post??

Love them all but number 6 has the winning colours for me

Most reactions

Back