dust in viewfinder

sburatorul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
don't know if this is the place to post but it concerns my equipment. i just noticed a spec of dust when i look trough the viewfinder. it is not on the sensor as it does not appear in the pictures, it is not on the mirror as the burst mode i tried did not clear it off so i guess it is in the viewfinder itself. it's not a real problem since it does not appear on photos but it is annoying nonetheless. any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

It's either on the focusing screen, or stuck between the mirror and the pentaprism. If it's on the inaccessible side of the focusing screen and you're very comfortable playing with tiny mechanics, then the screen can be removed using a tiny clip.

Generally though I would leave it. In fact I have left it. I got specs in both my cameras, but they don't show up in photos so I really don't care.

Agree. I usually wait till there's 3 or 4 obvious ones and then do a cleaning. If you don't how to clean it sometimes you can make it much worse just by trying to clean it.

Agree. I usually wait till there's 3 or 4 obvious ones and then do a cleaning. If you don't how to clean it sometimes you can make it much worse just by trying to clean it.

Its not in the image so as Bif says FORGET its there. Trying to clean a screen is difficult and often makes it much worse.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back