Dust on D7000 sensor?

CamGuy003

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the beach today and took some pictures of the sunrise, only to find that I have what I believe to be dust on the sensor. Is there anything I can do about it? I can easily clone them out in LR or PS but I'd rather not have to worry about it ruining a shot. Wet method or dry method for cleaning?

Here is the dust I found quickly scanning through the image:

8062640502_1dfd89445b_k by SBspoolin03, on Flickr

Hold the camera facing down and with the mirror raised blow it off with a bulb-style duster first. DO NOT use canned "Air"! If that doesn't get the dust off use a wet cleaning swab.

Details Here and Here

I would recommend that you get it cleaned by a pro if you it bothers you so much. You might end up making things worse if you try it yourself.

I would recommend that you get it cleaned by a pro if you it bothers you so much. You might end up making things worse if you try it yourself.

its actually REALLY easy to clean yourself.

its actually REALLY easy to clean yourself.

VERY easy. Takes about 10 minutes or less. Photographic Solutions even offers a guarantee that if their cleaning products cause damage to the sensor they will replace it. Details Here. I was hesitant the first time as well but it really is a no-brainer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back