DVD Burner

Dubie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I may completely be missing something here so I thought I would ask before I lose my mind.

On my old P&S I would always save the pics to a CD-R, no problem. Well now that I have been using my Canon Rebel in the RAW mode and coverting to TIFF using DDP, I can no longer use the CD-R but need more room so I bought DVD-R's. But now I am lost and think I am doing something wrong.

I saved the files to "my pictures" then tried to download onto a DVD-r but it keeps saying to insert a empty disc or a CD into the drive. I am using windows XP. Am I suppose to be using another program to burn the pictures onto the DVD? I do have a CD/DVD rom drive but it's not reading the DVD, only the CD which is only 700 mb. And all 3 of the computers in the office do this. If you click on the D drive and go to properties it shows that the DVD is full.

Sorry for the confusion. I have a full card and can't take more pics until I save what's on my computer.

Are you sure your drive will burn DVDs? It may be a drive that will burn only CDs, but READ DVDs

Are you sure your drive will burn DVDs? It may be a drive that will burn only CDs, but READ DVDs

yeah...on the drive front it says DVD-r/RW and RW DVD recordable

all 3 computers are set up the same and they all won't read the DVD's

What type of DVD are you using? If i remember correctly, DVD burners for PC's write to DVD-R and DVD+R only, but i COULD be wrong

What type of DVD are you using? If i remember correctly, DVD burners for PC's write to DVD-R and DVD+R only, but i COULD be wrong

They are DVD-R's. I have a 100 pack and I have tried about 5 and they all read the same. I wonder if I am suppose to have a burning program.

I had NERO on th computer and got rid of it because I did not think I needed it. I use windows media to burn CD's. So maybe I did a bad thing. :meh:

For data, I mix and match DVD-R or DVD+R. I've never had any issues with either. Its when you come to older DVD players that it causes issues, not for any DVD reader that was made in the last 1-3 years. DVD burners are mostly both now-a-days.

For data, I mix and match DVD-R or DVD+R. I've never had any issues with either. Its when you come to older DVD players that it causes issues, not for any DVD reader that was made in the last 1-3 years. DVD burners are mostly both now-a-days.

Thanks Jerry....it seems I have an older drive, a NEC ND2510a and even the firmware update did not work. So it looks like either a new drive or I;ll have to save everything as a smaller file and put on a CD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back