DVD player software for a PC?

Kernix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jfk-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I'm one of those people who do not have a TV - yes, you read that right. I was so addicted to watching tv I gave mine away. But I do watch a lot of DVD's late night. I have Dell's Cineplayer on my computer it locks up so often, to the point I have to manually reboot.

Can anyone suggest a good DVD player software I can buy and install in place of Cineplayer? Here's a link I found on a review of the top 10 DVD player software. What do you think?

DVD Player Software Review 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

Thanks!

Windows Media Center has always just worked fine for me, and it's free. As long as you have a decent sound card and good speakers, it should be just fine.

I've used most of the ones on that list, and they're all overpriced, buggy pieces of ****.

I use ArcSoft's Total Media Theatre 3 (which is also a buggy piece of crap) for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, since there's no built in Decoder in Windows, but for DVDs it's definitely Windows Media Center or a number of free players like VLC. WMC is by far the best one, but if you don't have Windows MCE 2004/5, Vista Premium/Ultimate, or Windows 7 Premium/Ultimate, you can't get it. VLC is relatively featureless, but it'll play pretty much anything you can throw at it, including DVDs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back