Dwarf Boa Constrictor

DaiPK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi seen as im new i thought i'd share some of my photos. Here's a few i took last summer when i first got my camera. This wasnt a planned photoshoot, i got him out for a wander and this is how he ended up, on this vase on my windowsill so i grabbed my camera and took a few shots. Bloody vase turned out to be dusty as hell so i spent hours on photoshop cleaning em up lol. IIRC i was struggling for light and, more through luck than anything the net curtain in my window was nearly all blown out so i had a nice white background to work with, but you can still see the white pvc window sill in the first two shots, and looking at them now i guess the third one looks a little blown out. I may go back over it and have another go today now. Just thought id see what you guys think!

All comments welcome

18 07 12 201 by DaiPK, on Flickr

18 07 12 188 by DaiPK, on Flickr

18 07 12 208 by DaiPK, on Flickr

woops i should have added these were shot with my D3100 and the 18-55 kit lens. I just checked the data now and i was shooting ISO400 around f7.1 which was only getting me shutter speeds of between 1/10s - 1/20s but the came out OK for me i guess!

Very nice. I like that the window/background is blown out, it gives them a nice clean 'studio' feel.
The third one has lots of lens flare or wash out, hurting the contrast but the others are great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back