DX film info

StratLou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello All,
Was wondering if anyone could advise with an issue I've come across. My mom has a Pentax IQZoom 95S and she wanted to start using it again. As I read the owner's manual, I noticed it stated to use only DX coded film in it for ISO recognition purposes by the camera. Can anyone tell me what, if any, films are still available in this designation (color, b&w, negative, or slide) and how can I tell from either the box or on the film canister itself if a roll is DX coded. Thanks for any help on this.
Lou

The film canister will have a series of black & silver squares on it. That is the DX coding.

DX%20code.jpg

I can't image factory-pacakged film these days NOT being DX coded.

Last edited:
The film canister will have a series of black & silver squares on it. That is the DX coding.

DX%20code.jpg

I can't image factory-pacakged film these days NOT being DX coded.

Thanks for that. I'm learning a lot about this finally.

Hello All,
Was wondering if anyone could advise with an issue I've come across. My mom has a Pentax IQZoom 95S and she wanted to start using it again. As I read the owner's manual, I noticed it stated to use only DX coded film in it for ISO recognition purposes by the camera. Can anyone tell me what, if any, films are still available in this designation (color, b&w, negative, or slide) and how can I tell from either the box or on the film canister itself if a roll is DX coded. Thanks for any help on this.
Lou
Hi sparky you have good support to StratLou. Actually, I have never before knowing DX code while you tell them then I am learning so thanks both of guys.

Yes but I wouldn't get a camera that used dx code

I wouldn't either, but some folks must use what they can due to their financial situation.

One of my favorite cameras ever (until it broke) is the Olympus Stylus Epic (mjuII throughout the rest of the world), which is a p&s with dx coding only. 35MM f/2.8 lens, meter was always spot on... I used to hack the dx coding on the film canisters all the time. Works perfectly.

Most reactions

Back