DxO or Lightroom?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which works better at noise management and overall photo "editing"? I want to be able to make dramatic portraits and i also do a lot of wildlife photography. I use DxO Optics Pro 11 Essentials right now but i'm wondering if i should get the entire DxO suite or just go with lightroom. I also use Paintshop Pro 2018 Deluxe and Aftershot Pro 3 from Corel, but i'm not crazy about aftershot and paintshop is a photoshop substitute (for me anyways). I also use Canon DPP but it's got its limits. I want to buy one of the two in question and have it last me a few years at least.

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer. Some say dxo is better at noise reduction. Lightroom is a pretty complete package. What you'll likely find is that people will recommend the one they are most familiar with. There is a lot of ins and outs to these programs.

As a matter of interest, where does DPP let you down? I remember it being very good and I was disappointed when I switched to Nikon that there version of raw conversion software was a pale shadow of what DPP was

Also, I am pretty sure you can download trial versions of these complete software packages and see which one suits you best

Most reactions

Back