DxO9 for free

I can't answer that as I don't use Lightroom. I am a Phase One Pro user. Maybe someone will answer that for you.

Downloaded the fee copy since it did have my camera and lens combinations. I tried it out on some of my existing RAW images to compare them to Aftershot Pro images I had previously processed. I must say, the lens and camera corrections are outstanding. Beyond that, I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference, though DXO options are more limited. How does the lens correction in DXO compare to Lightroom lens corrections?

DX0 lens corrections: the standard upon which all others can be judged. Said another way; to the extent that any other converter doesn't match the results from DX0 is the extent to which that other converter is deficient.

Joe

DX0 is a very conservative old school raw converter. What they do well they do the best. DX0 delivers a beautifully clean artifact free best-in-class demosaicing of a raw file. As noted their lens corrections are standard.

However DX0 has stubbornly held to the old school conservative position of a two step workflow process: 1. raw conversion 2. move to PS for further processing, and as such they've been left far behind by the competition. Over the past decade the industry leading raw converters have been steadily adding functionality in the form of layers and local masking abilities that increasingly remove step 2. from the workflow. Removing step 2. provides huge advantages to the end user and tips the scale against DX0's stubborn refusal to get with the program.

I have a very love/hate relationship with DX0 -- I love 'em for how good they are and I hate 'em for how backward they are. I have version 10 on my system now. I refused to upgrade to 11 and I'm through with them.

How is Dx09 for noise reduction?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have found the DxO noise reduction to be outstanding compared to Aftershot Pro and Paintshop Pro. I don't use Lightroom or Photoshop, so I can't compare it to them. While DxO seems somewhat limited, what is does, it does well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back