"Dying to be Thin" NSFW

I never intentionally photographed her with the intention of "hey, im gonna use these later to highlight her possible eating disorder". Not my style

And yet you title the thread "Dying to be Thin".

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out what, to me, is an obvious contradiction.

Jon

And yet you title the thread "Dying to be Thin".

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out what, to me, is an obvious contradiction.

Jon

To correct you, they were titled this AFTER the fact, AND like i already said, they were titled that ONLY for this forum.

Please...

I feel sorryfor this woman, and I hope she can recover at some point before it is too late.

As for the photographs, the focus, lighting, exposure, and emotion captured.... spot on. Good job Maya.....loving woman who's name isn't neccessarily MAya according to her sig.

I really think the only people who defamed anyone is the people who made rude comments. Mya, I think they are great. Real art always has controversy :)

I never intentionally photographed her with the intention of "hey, im gonna use these later to highlight her possible eating disorder". Not my style

To correct you, they were titled this AFTER the fact, AND like i already said, they were titled that ONLY for this forum.

After, before, during, on the forum, off the forum...none of that changes my underlying notion that "highlight(ing) her possible eating disorder" is precisely what you're doing. Nothing wrong with that, but let's call it what it is.

Anyway, we're not going to agree on this. And I do recognize that they are very powerful images (particularly the rear-view anatomy lesson).

Jon

I really think the only people who defamed anyone is the people who made rude comments. Mya, I think they are great. Real art always has controversy

The only comments within the thread I would consider rude are directed not toward the photographer, but the model.

And I agree, they're out of line.

Jon

I feel sorryfor this woman, and I hope she can recover at some point before it is too late.

As for the photographs, the focus, lighting, exposure, and emotion captured.... spot on. Good job Maya.....loving woman who's name isn't neccessarily MAya according to her sig.

Thank you!, and yes my name isnt Mya, Mya is my lovely 1 year old Pug. Im Morgan :)

The only comments within the thread I would consider rude are directed not toward the photographer, but the model.

And I agree, they're out of line.

Jon

Agreed, pointing out the obvious is different, but making jokes is another, separate issue

Thank you all for the comments regarding the photos (technical, lighting, pose, exposure, etc) Those are the comments Ive looking for, and hopefully Ive grown as a photog!

Morgan, these shots are breath taking! Your lighting, poses, exposure are all fantastic! I am literally in awe of your photography skills.
I also love the controversy in which this series has. It is an issue (whether intended or not) that needs to be brought up. And you did an exquisite job in covering the subject matter. Great job, and I can imagine how hard it was for you to look at this girl and not cry.

She was probably shocked, but unfortunately not in the way you think she was. To her, she probably thinks she still needs to loose a little extra weight here and there.

It's a mental disorder she's struggling with...
You know, it is hard looking at yourself in the mirror and not see fat. I do it all the time. But yes I can assume that is what this girl sees when she looks in the mirror. Sad but true.

Probably, and I agree with the first sentence of your second post.. I think the thread title is brilliant.

I second that! The title of the thread is perfect.

all I can say is wow! You are definitley an inspiration. Those photos actually made me emotional which I think is every photographers purpose.

"Could she be a model?" and had pics posted of a rather large girl.

Great pics. I hope to be half as good as you someday.

That being said, I'd rather look at a model like this any day...

crystal26.jpg

These are great photos, they capture the emotion very well. The poses are outstanding. Thank you for sharing.

thank you all for all the great feedback! im truly flattered by some of the comments above! im also grateful for all the criticism! thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back