Dyna-Lite recommendations

huffman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm literally throwing my Calumet Elite lighting systems in the dumpster where they belong. I need a light weight system for quick location shoots. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about the Dyna-Lite packs and 2040 heads? The problem with the Elites are the short flash tube life and the obsene replacement cost, plus the cables short out and I believe one of those shorts took out a pack. I've got Speedotron Black Line packs and heads that are three to four times as old as the Elites and give me much better service, I just don't want to carry their weight on some smaller shoots.

Mostly head shots for these lights but I use them to help fill out more complex studio and location shots, so I need the extra power, ability to add grids, barndoors and small soft boxes. I liked the way the Elites worked and used them a lot, they just fell apart so quickly. I'm looking for some type of similar replacement. Dyna-Lites seemed to be a popular brand so I thought I might get some feed back.

I'm not familiar with Dyna-lights, I have 4 B800 Alien Bees with soft box, gels and other modifyers. They are sturdy and replacements tubes are about $35 and I use them exclusively for location shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back