E6 process and scan 120 (UK)

ojwk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I recently got a cheap agfa isolette from eBay and have been thinking about how to get the film processed and scanned.

After a bit of googling the best I could find was a company called Spectrum who do a process and scan for £9.60 (ex. VAT).
Great value, but I think the scan is only 300dpi which isn't ideal as I think this would result in a 900x900 file (not sure though).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a lab (preferably in London) that isn't too expensive but would scan at a higher resolution than 300dpi.

Many thanks,

ojwk

ojwk, I do not know of any labs in London, but there should be plenty. I live in Yorkshire and rely on postal service with MetroColour Lab, of Birmingham. I have used them for several years for both 35mm and med. format E6 processing. They are reliable and quick. 35mm slides can be back to me in 3-4 days. If you find them on the internet you can see their prices, and download an order form. They also do scanning at the time of developing. Another firm is Transpacolour, of Leicester. I have also used them and they are reliable, too. Peak Imaging of Sheffield are praised quite a lot, but they are a little bit more costly than the two I have mentioned.

go to your local bookstore, pick black and white photograhy or subscribe (great UK magazine you'll thank me).

you'll find a ton of listings in the ads in the back

I had a look at the Spectrum website and I suspect that they are not referring to the scan resolution when they say 300 dpi, but quite possibly to the output resolution at 10 x 8. The website doesn't give you any confidence that they really know what they are talking about, however.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back