Eager to learn

Fivesense

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All,

I'd grown tired of some of the less active forums so a Google search of "Best Photography Forums" brought me here- and I'm glad to have found you.

I started digital photography in late 2013, a few weeks in advance of the birth of my daughter. I "overbought" (based on my skill level) a Nikon D7100 but figured I could grow into it. I quickly became insatiable for all things photography; learning the exposure triangle, composition, and just about everything else, realizing that RAW was ideal and post-processing was a "process" of learning unto itself! I was immediately rewarded with fantastic memories of my daughter's birth.

I fairly quickly upgraded to FX with a D610, largely because I cropped so much and wanted the extra "data" available while I learned to compose more efficiently. While shooting with the D610, I gave mirrorless a try with a Fuji X-T1 (love the JPEGs and film sims, but not the waxy skin textures). The flip screen of the X-T1 convinced me I "needed" the D750, which I gratefully shoot today.

Anyway, I love creating and image-making, and I still love learning all things photography, including enhancing my post-processing skills. I hope to be an asset here and thank you in advance for all that I gain by participating.

Doug

That's awesome - welcome to the forum, Doug! I hope you check out our Gallery section and post your work there, by category. It's a great way to get to know everyone and get feedback on your photos.

Keep posting and have fun!

That's awesome - welcome to the forum, Doug! I hope you check out our Gallery section and post your work there, by category. It's a great way to get to know everyone and get feedback on your photos.

Keep posting and have fun!
Thank you Terri. Posting seems different for every forum, so I'm sure I will figure it out quickly. Thanks again for the nice welcome!

WELCOME Doug. I took your comment to heart, and did a search and lo and behold!!!
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.52.58 PM.png

Huh...whaddaya' know! TPF? Right there at the top!

You've got some great camera gear, and this is a fantastic time to be involved in photography and image-making. This is truly a blessed era in which we live. Fantastic tools, methods, and software are in abundance these days. Post-processing has never been faster or easier than it is today.

Welcome Doug! Albeit I'm new to the forum too. (newer than you :1219:)
Never stop learning and have fun.

WELCOME Doug. I took your comment to heart, and did a search and lo and behold!!!View attachment 151143

Huh...whaddaya' know! TPF? Right there at the top!

You've got some great camera gear, and this is a fantastic time to be involved in photography and image-making. This is truly a blessed era in which we live. Fantastic tools, methods, and software are in abundance these days. Post-processing has never been faster or easier than it is today.

wow it's wonderful.

Most reactions

Back