Eagle flight

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
while i was at a park near my house yesterday waiting for a common merganser to come into range, i got a different treat... this bald eagle flew by several times, looking for fish. he made one pass so close i had to back off my zoom to 200mm to get the shot! the sky wasn't exactly cooperative, and the light was pretty flat, but i was reasonably happy with these... 40D, 100-400L, 1/500 @ f/9...

EagleFlightsm.jpg

EagleFlightIIomnism.jpg

Sweet shots man... I never had the chance to catch any of them in flight (On Whidbey)...

I'd frame those.

nice captures! so clear even with the flat light.... great focus!

Nice shots! Only problem I have with them is the color doesn't really pop to me. I usually prefer the more vibrant shots, but that's just me. ;)

Nice shots! Only problem I have with them is the color doesn't really pop to me. I usually prefer the more vibrant shots, but that's just me. ;)

i do too, but this time of year in Washington, there really isn't much color, and in that light, what color there is is usually pretty muted. it's better on a sunny day, but i didn't have that luxury... :(

Great shots! This is a goal of mine to get shots like these. I'm in NJ so eagles aren't that abundant, but there are some. I guess patience is what I need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back