Eagle in flight.....

rwebbart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the second time in my life I have been buzzed by and eagle. But this time I had a camera and got between it and it's food on purpose. It is "trained", but "free flighted" (not in a cage). The trainers helped set up the shot for me. I have one that is of me diving out of the way too. It missed me by inches on one pass.

QUESTION
The straps on it's feet are bells so the trainers can hear it in the woods because it's free flighted and gets out of sight some times. Should I paint them out or leave them before adding it to my portfolio?

Any other crits' are welcome.
It was shot at:
ISO 100 - F? - 1200th if I remember correctly.....
randyeagle.jpg

cosmonaut said:
Wow, Nothing wrong with this one. Is that a tag on it's left claw??????
Cosmo
Yeah, it is a bell.....thats what I was asking, should I take the strap out of the picture. There is actually one on both legs.

I have several more from the same day if anyone wants to see them. I have one shot of an owl flying straight at me and some more of the eagle flying head-high.

Wowee, talk about oppurtunity and talent!

Personally, for my portfolio I would leave the tag in, as it tells somethign about the event.

Thanks for the comments and little nudges to my ego! I am glad to hear everyone thinks the straps should stay. The first person that saw it commented on them and it made me a little worried. Here are some more from that day.

CRW_002.jpg

CRW_003.jpg

CRW_004.jpg

CRW_005.jpg

Your welcome to comment on cropping for these images. These are low res versions of very large files. The originals are much "crisper". Thanks for any ideas on improving them.

amazing shot I didn't even notice the tag..

WOWEE. What an amazing shot. In the first picture I would only edit out the part of the tag which overlaps his(?) white tailfeathers. It's a slightly distracting element from an otherwise perfect shot. The rest of them should be left in. thanks for sharing these excellent shots with us.

F 5.6 FWIW.

I wouldn't bother removing the tags, the subject is so overwhelming there is little attention to the minor details.

so lets see that shot of you diving for safety :lol:

I was so dazed with the wings and head I didn't notice th bells till you said it. It's an amazing shot! :thumbup::thumbup: I think it's fine with the bells.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back