Eagle

LilCujo

the quiet troublemaker!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the head look way blown out or can it be fixed?

Attachments

• $Eagle1.jpg
    $Eagle1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 138
its a little blown, but i think it could do very well still! whites in harsh sunlight tend to get that way quick!

great composition though!!!

so its prety much ok the way it is? doesn't distract from the rest of the bird?

I wouldn't call it way blown. The area behind the eagle's left eye is the only part that is distracting with the white. Perhaps this could be tweaked somewhat. I have one question... was this taken at a zoo, it lookes like a zoo Bald Eagle to me.

Yeah its a zoo eagle, it would be awesome to shoot one in the wild..hmm that didn't sound right... there were two, one lost one of his wings from a powerline and the other was shot by a hunter.

I know what you mean. There are quite a few at the cabin I go to in the UP during the summer. I have even seen them fishing in the lake and during the winter they sit on the edge of the ice watching.

I have not seem them since I got my 75mm-300mm USIII lens though. I am also amazed at how different a wild Bald Eagle looks when compared to one in a zoo. It is odd, but the wild bird looks more majestic and cleanly trimmed. These are amazing creatures.

Keep up the great work.

IMO, yes, the white area on the head is blown and distracts from the photo. if someone can fix this without cloning i'd like to see it.

The head is definately blown, but it doesn't subtract from the composition nearly as much as that strange bluish cast all over the bird. (especially on talons and bottom of white head feathers.) Good otherwise though. I agree with the earlier comment, comparing to wild birds. They just seem so much healthier.....

Most reactions

Back